Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Well the holidays are over and I can finally get caught up. Thanksgiving is one of Bens favorite holidays, and I am sure we can guess why: food, sleep and football!! I enjoy it for different reasons: traditions. Every year we have a tradition to go and hike the Wind Caves up at Usery Pass. This is always done in the morning while the finishing touches are made on the meal.
Ok so we all know it is just so we can get out of the house and not be tempted to pick at the turkey.
When we finally get to the top the view makes it all worth it. Also, just saying "hello" to everyone you pass going up and down the trail gives you a good feeling inside.
Hiking around together also gives us a chance to catch up. Dana and Marshall are in Omaha NB finishing dental school, Jamie is in Provo and Lauren is in Idaho. Dana also just gave us a new addition to the clan. Hannah Raylynn Griggs that we all got to meet this Thanksgiving.

0 comments: