Well we finally are home and settled. We are so excited to introduce our little Mia Colleen Liljenquist. She was born August 30 at around 7:30 after only five short hours of labor. I was induced this time due to the Sept 1st deadline for school, and the fact that this time I wanted to be prepared (Alivia decided to suprise us a month early). So now Mia and Alivia will only be two years apart in school. Yea!

Mia was 7Ibs 7oz and 20.5inch long. She came out pretty white, so we assumed we had a little Liljenquist baby this time. However when a big burley nurse came and started beating our baby, we found out she wasnt getting enough oxygen. Needless to say she was soon a nice rosey color.

I have to add that Ben did a lot better during the delivery this time. He didn't leave the room once! And he only scared me one time when he asked "Is her head suppose to look like that?".


Alivia absolutley adores Baby Mia! She will come up to anyone and let them know that the babys name is Baby Mia and that she is her sister. It has been so much fun to see her want to hold, kiss and love Mia. So far Alivia has been an exellent older sister and hasn't squashed her yet.
Blondie.

I was just reminded by Ben that the last and most important reason for being induced early was so we would be sure not to miss the BYU football game. Which we almost did since it took ages just to be discharged from the hospital. Ben spent most of that morning in my bed flipping through the channels for ANY football game. He didn't find one.
Monday, September 03, 2007
Welcome Mia Colleen Liljenquist
Posted by Shawneen at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey Shawneen! This is Emilee Call (Beck now) from your junior high years. I saw your blog off of Lara's (She is my cousin-in-law, love her!). Anyway, hope you don't mind that I checked out your blog. We seem to have some things in common like 2 girls. I have a 20 month old and will have another one in 4 weeks and can't wait!
We LOVE Bear Lake by the way! I lived in Logan for about 10 years and we just moved to Salt Lake a few months ago. Congrats on your new addition, hope things go well for you with 2 kids!
She is soooo pretty! Congrats! I am so exited that you have two little girls too! Did you know that my new little one is a Colleen also!! Crazy..it isn't a common name...but it is a beautiful one!! Love ya! jacquie.
Hey Shawneen! I found your blog through Priscilla. Your little girl is so precious!! Congrats and I'm happy she was born before September like you wanted it. Have fun! You can see my blog if you want at www.lindsaylevi.blogspot.com
What a precious! I will be home at Thanksgiving, and I hope I can see her & you too!
congrats shawneen!! she is beautiful. your little family is growing!! whoohooo! i hope you are adjusting well. just continue telling yourself that it gets easier. too precious. those hospital birth experiences are mine and brett's favorite moments in life so far. i loooove giving birth. i know weird, but i'm being serious. hope all is well!
love the picture of ben in your bed, i have one that looks just like that with tim in my bed watching t.v. glad you and baby are doing well. i love that our kids are only one week apart!
Ok...who looks that pretty in the hospital?? Your babe is beautiful! Makes me SO baby hungry. Just so you know....Hunter is first in line for Alivia when she gets older! She's a doll too.
Post a Comment