Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alone in Texas

Ok so I wasn't totally alone, but I was in TX without Ben or the kids. My Dad and Marshal, my brother in law, wanted to hit a continuing education course in San Antonio, which is close to were I spent 2 years going to Dental Hygiene, so I couldn't resist tagging along and becoming the 3rd wheel to my mom and dad, Dana and Marshall, and Lauren and Phil. Lauren is currently going to the same school for DH that I went too, while Phil attends TX A&M in Corpus Christi, so it was an extra bonus to be able to see them before they come home for the summer in May.

It was fun to be able to get away and just hang out with my family for a few days. I got some CE courses out of the way, walked around the river walk and all over San Antonio, saw the brand new Temple that was announced when I was living there, and ate a ton of fantastic food. It was great! Of course I couldn't come home empty handed so Dana and I found these hilarious Davy Crockett hats to bring home to the kids.




We were walking along the river walk and saw these adorable little ducklings cuddled up sleeping. On the rock right next to it were the moms and on the rock next to that one were three dad ducks keeping watch. It was so cute, I had to take a picture!








6 comments:

Phil and Lauren said...

Cute pictures! Im glad you and Dana brought a camera! Im glad the girls love their hats too, they are fabulous! We love you guys and we'll see ya in a month!

Kristen said...

What is your secret? How do you get your husband to go for the idea of kids on his own? These are important questions to those of us that just dream of time without kids or hubby.

Jamie said...

I was in San Antonio last May on a get-away with a good friend. I loved the Alamo and the riverwalk. So glad you were able to get away and have a good time.

Sharstin said...

you look so cute you little preggars! looks like you had fun! I miss Texas--it's so fun there

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Shawneen... but, you are not allowed to be 28... you are allowed to be 24, forever... because it makes me feel younger... if you are 24, then I am 44, if you are 28 then I am... well never mind. I love you and I cant wait to see your family when we visit in late July, Love A/C

tim and priscilla said...

you are such a nerd, i just haven't retained water like i did with christian. i know you look cute and melanie said she went to lunch with you and you look so cute pregnant. by the way, update!!! i hope you aren't burning up in az, i hear it is hot! i am having this baby no later than 3 weeks, can't wait to be able to breathe, we are almost there!!! oh, and i wish i could have gone on a fun trip, you went to texas and germany, i am so jealous. i would love to get away like that.