So I haven't posted in what feels like forever, life has been pretty busy at our house. Part of the reason is that I had to switch my "perfectly working" mouse, with Bens "damaged by Mia" mouse. This and other things have made it near impossible to drag and post pictures. We will see how it goes and how long it takes Ben to realize I stole my mouse back.
So my sweet little Alivia turned 4years old! She has turned into quite the chatter in the last few months. As soon as we get in the car she is able to talk non-stop until we get to our destination. Sometimes I will turn on her favorite tunes, which is High School Musical 3 right now, hoping to distract her into singing, which is her next favorite thing to do. Most of the time it works, however, it can also be a new conversation starter.
A: Mom,mom, mom
Me: yes Liv I'm here
A: Mom, for my birthday, I'm going to be Gabriella and you're going to be Troy.
Me: Ok...but what about Meat (yes we call Mia meatball and sometimes just meat, I don't know why)?
A:Umm (thinking hard)...Meat can be the ball.
Me: The ball?! Well, Ok what is Dad going to be?
A: Dad can be the game. Ok
I find myself stifling a laugh most of the day. My favorite thing to watch her do is, put herself in her princess dress, put on her own make-up, and walk outside, climb on to our little slide and just Belt out at the top of her lungs, every princess song she knows from the Disney movies. Sometimes she will throw in some good primary songs too just to mix it up. She will do this until I feel like the neighbors are probably getting annoyed, by the sheer volume of it all, and gently ask her so sing softly.
For her birthday we decided to keep it simple, and only have friend parties every other year. So Ben and I took her on a date. We ate at Johnny Rockets were they sang and danced to her and gave her her own ice cream. Then we headed to the movies, were she fell asleep 30min in. O well Ben and I had fun, until we got a camera ticket on the way home. So Alivias simple date night got $190 more expensive at the end. That morning we did our birthday traditions of measuring on the wall, and eating homemade pancakes with eggs and OJ. then Alivia opened her present, which was an indoor trampoline that her and Mia fought over for the first few min. until they figured out that they could both fit just fine. A couple days later we celebrated again with cake and ice cream at my moms with the whole family! Then again with her preschool at our house we decorated cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday one last time! Happy Birthday Alivia!! You are a pure joy to be around, We love you to pieces!





















Friday, April 17, 2009
Im Back!
Posted by Shawneen at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, I love all the pictures...especially the one where she fell asleep at the movies...too cute!
Happy Birthday Libby! The pictures are way cute! I can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks! Love you
My favorite picture is also the one where she's passed out at the movies. Hilarious! You've got to keep that one for the wedding video in 20 years.
Post a Comment