Sunday, June 07, 2009

True Loves Kick

I usually have a tough time remembering the funny things my kids do, but this just happened and totally explains both of my children's personalities perfectly. Ben and I were in his office watching the last 4min of the Playoffs when we hear Alivia screaming in the hall, "True Loves Kiss, True Loves Kiss, Mia, True Loves Kiss!" and then crying. As she comes closer and she gets louder I think, What now. "Alivia, whats wrong?"
"Um I was Sleeping Beauty, and Mia was the Prince, and she wouldn't
kiss me to wake me up!"
"I'm sorry babe, but why are you crying?"
"Because she kicked me instead!"
As this is playing out, Mia wanders into the room with the biggest Liljenquist grin on her face and then comes up and kisses Liv on the cheek. What do you do?

My Mischievous Mia
If there is anything left out on the table after any meal, she will always climb up and get dirty in it.


This is Alivia Mad because Mia won't stop "looking" at her. I love car rides!

7 comments:

M + L said...

That is HILARIOUS! My sister and I are 18 months apart and we couldn't be more different. Can't wait to see your little boy!!! PS My Mom told me you look great pregnant. No joke. I didn't breathe a word about our conversation in the hall. I TOLD YOU!

Unknown said...

That is a great story. Mia is ALL Liljenquist I have to say.

The trick on Disneyland is taking other adults with you. We had my mom, my sister and two brothers. It's the only way to do Disney with 5 kids.

The Bevans said...

That is too funny! Isn't it amazing that such different personalities can come out of the same parents!?

Christine said...

Oh Siblings... it gets better when you throw a little boy into the mix! Now, about photography... Have Ben get you a camera for umm "Father's Day" and start learning NOW... don't wait till your kids are grown because by then you will be RS Pres. and you still "wont really have time" ... don't wait for a class either {although it helps a little bit}. There are some great books and websites that give good tips. I have been messing with my camera since December and I am just now beginning to get it. I figure it will take me years. Kailee catches on much quicker than I do. My suggestion... Nikon D80 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens... just in case Ben wanted to know... Love you! A/C

Stephanie said...

I loved reading your story of Mia kicking Alivia. Mia sounds just like Kylee. Devious and into everything.
Cute pics of when you got married too. Ben and I are coming up on our 7th anniversary. Crazy! So you are having a boy huh? Good luck with that, they have a lot of energy. I'm sure your Ben is very happy about it.

tim and priscilla said...

i love how many pictures you posted! congratulations on the anniversary, you two are the cutest and funniest couple. i hear hearing your stories, they crack me up! that is so great that mia just loves to push alivia's buttons to get her mad. what a sneaky funny girl. hope your pregnancy is going well, almost there!

LC. said...

Shawneen!!! I don't know how I found your blog, but someone had Shawneen on their list and i figured I didn't know too many so i'd check! Your girls are gorgeous!!! Beautiful family you have- I can't believe how grown up they are!! How are you? and What are you up to? I'm going to add you guys so i can check up on you from time to time- tell your family Hi!!

-Lindsey (Otteson) ;)