Monday, April 19, 2010



For Bens birthday this year, I decided I would actually make him a cake, and not one of the normal (out of the box, slapped with frosting on it) cakes. I wanted him to walk in to the kitchen and see something pretty, that smelled great, and tasted even better. This is what I found on allrecipes.com and it was fabulous! I changed a couple things though. I didn't have any coffee flavored liquor, so I used almond flavored syrup and cut it in 1/2. Next I sprayed the bunt pan with no stick spray and then patted it down with cocoa so the cake wouldn't stick. I will definitely be making it again maybe with a cherry or strawberry cake mix and pudding next time.





Ingredients

1 (18.25 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup coffee flavored liqueur
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
2.In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and coffee liqueur. Beat until ingredients are well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Spoon into prepared pan.
3.Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.

4 comments:

domnikole said...

That cake looks great! Thanks for leaving the recipe. My grandfather has a birthday coming up and I know he would love that cake! lol
checkout my blog if u ever have time! fast100xpps.blogspot.com

domnikole said...

Oh I forgot to ask, when in June were you married? I was also married in June.

Marshall and Dana said...

That looks yummy!

Andie S. said...

Okay, I am going to attempt to get recipe out so I can make it! :)