Saturday, May 08, 2010

Gardening with the Liljenquist

I have been wanting to learn how to garden for a long time and I was so excited for this summer to learn how. Bro. Johnson, who is a great friend of the family, and also our maintenance man, has been planting an acre garden every year, with the help of Katie Liljenquist for a long time. This year we all decided to get in on the fun, including Wendy and her sons Jackson and Maxwell. I even planted flowers in the front with Lennox and Alivia as my little water girls. Ben was busy giving rides and mowing the lawn with Calob and Mia. We wanted a great variety this year so we planted onions, peas, swiss chard, potatoes, 3 different kinds of lettuce, carrots, just to name a few. We also have corn going in, a ton of raspberries and rhubarb. We are going to do pumpkins, squash,tomatoes and zucchini as well! I can't wait to harvest! We finished the night with Reeds Dairy ice cream to celebrate! Yum!


















2 comments:

M + L said...

How fun Shawneen! Maybe one of these days I'll have a garden of my own. I hope you're liking Idaho :)

Andie said...

Where did you plant this garden? I like all your helpers, especially the dogs! :) Make sure you can alot of jams and jellies! Love ya, mom