Monday, September 29, 2008

Mia's 1st Birthday Party

So I finally had a moment to post some pictures of Mias first birthday! We decided to have it over at my moms, and have just a big family get together with swimming, pizza, and ice cream! We had all my family there except for Larry and Phil (Lauren got into Dental Hygiene in TX) and Bens brothers family with there kids and mother-in-law, who was visiting from California (My sister-in-law Margaret just had there 3rd boy, Baby Dean!) and Bens Grandma Patt (who we just love because she helps watch Mia once a week!) It was so great to have them all over to swim and watch the fire works put on by the Catholic church just down the street from my moms house. They must have found out it was Mia's Birthday... Actually, I have no idea why they had them going, but it made for an extra fun evening!










!





13 comments:

M + L said...

How cute! Can't believe she's 1!! She's a doll :)

Lara said...

I always love the cake pictures! I can't believe she is one already!! I'm coming at thanksgiving...we have to get together!

Andie said...

Oh, she's so cute! (what movie is that from?) That was a very fun evening and to have fireworks too, don't know if we can pull that off again, but it sure made for a nice ending to the evening! Love ya, tu mom

Christine said...

Andie Smith for Mayor of Mesa, then Gov. of AZ, then VP... you called this! Let's make her do it...

Phil and Lauren said...

Aww she is so cute! I wish we could have been there it looked like so much fun!

Marshall and Dana said...

Cute pics except for the one of me with no make up. Happy birthday MIA

Brandon and Brittani Romney said...

Looks like fun and I'm suddenly craving cake! Lunch was so fun...let's plan it again the Monday after next!

tim and priscilla said...

happy happy birthday mia!!! looks like you had a huge party! glad she liked the cake, great pictures! how fun to have all the family there. you look gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

Shawneen,
It's Stephanie from Ricks. I ran into Sarah the other night and got her blog address. I found yours from hers. It was so fun to look at all your pictures and see your cute family. You are still as pretty as ever. I really miss Idaho now after seeing your pictures. Anyway I hope things are going good for you in Arizona. I live in Henderson, NV, so we're not too far from each other. We really like it there except for the extreme summer heat which you know all about. I am adding you to my blog so I hope you don't mind.

The Bradford's said...

I am so glad I found you. How have you been? Your kids are so cute. Doesn't it make you sad how fast they grow up? Let's get together. soon.

Sharstin said...

Happy b-day Mia! Time flies too fast! looks like lots of fun!

Tatiana said...

haha I love the pictures of Mia in the cake. 1st birthday's that is a must! When Bryson turned 1 everything on him was blue. How fun! hey how did your singing thing go? did you make the team??

Phil and Lauren said...

Ok Shawneen Im ready for you to post something else...Did you forget Im in Beeville?