Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Week of Halloween

So this year I asked Alivia what she wanted to be for Halloween, and I knew before she even said it, that it was going to be Sleeping Beauty, since we had just purchased the movie the day before. The only dilemma we had was she kept telling me she needed "yellow" hair like her cousin Kate in order to really be SB. We were lucky to find some "yellow" hair at the $ store and avoid that particular meltdown. Until I told her Mia was going to be a chicken this year. I guess she had her heart set on Mia being SB too, so that they could both be twins. That's what I understood through the sobs. Anyways, we got things calmed down enough to take these beautiful pics before our ward party. We always have it in a baseball field and everyone makes a booth, brings chili and hotdogs, and have a great time. Alivia's favorite part is the dressing up and the make up if you cant tell. I have to admit it is mine too!






Alivia good friend Halle had the same idea this Halloween.


We have a tradition of decorating cupcakes and giving them away. Ok we keep a few.





Every Halloween we head on over to my moms for their block party, which happens to be right in front of my moms house. Then we set a TV out on the porch and hand out candy while we watch a scary movie. We do this so the dogs wont bark every time the door rings and because its fun!









12 comments:

Andie said...

Don't we have the cutest babies!! Its so nice to have Halloween in our front yard, thanks for watching the movie with me. Love ya, mom

Marshall and Dana said...

It was fun having Halloween with you guys FINALLY!!! We will have to coordinate outfits again next year so we can get some more twin comments!

M + L said...

So cute Shawneen! Alivia is precious and I LOVE the chicken costume for Mia! Too cute! Glad you had a good Halloween!

Tatiana said...

That was a lot of fun to Halloween with you guys. Too bad we couldn't stay a little longer. Bryson has to adjust to all those girls! They are too cute!

Phil and Lauren said...

The pictures are way cute! I can't believe Mia is walking around. We can't wait to come down! Oh and your bangs are super cute! love you

Geoff and Emily said...

Cute pictures, Shawneen! Natalie was loving looking at the pictures of all the little princesses with me. So cute! And I love Alivia's dress, too! I think she made a great Sleeping Beauty! How are you guys doing, anyway? Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

I am glad you posted again. I was so excited when I found your blog, so I check it all the time now. Your little girls are adorable. It's nice living somewhere where it's warm on halloween. Growing up in Utah there was snow on the ground half the time. Robin is not on my blog list because I haven't been able to convince her to start a blog yet. She lives in Logan with her husband Matt and they have a little girl that's about 16 months old (they adopted her through lds social services). She is doing really good, but I hardly ever get to see her and it's sad. Anyway keep in touch.

tim and priscilla said...

the chicken outfit is hilarious, can't wait until she's older and sees these pictures! alivia looks fabulous in her blonde hair and love your haircut too!

Halvos said...

Super cute pics! I especially liked the farmer and the chicken one. ;)
You look awesome Neen--miss you tons! I liked reading your tagged post about Ben too...I'm not so sure Trevor would like if I put one up about him...maybe I'll test it! HA! ;) Love your little princess too...her make-up looked great! I put some on savannah for halloween too and Trevor was like, "she has way too much make-up on" She really did look so old, but there is something about getting to put make up on your daughter that is so fun huh! -Lori

Sharstin said...

the costumes are great!! looks like lots of fun! you guys are so cute

Tatiana said...

hey, can I get your address please for Christmas cards?!? you can email it to me at tatbradshaw@gmail.com! Thanks!!

Soelbergs said...

Alivia is BEAUTIFUL!!! She looks way too old with that makeup on!