So every time Ben and I find out we are pregnant we get the itch to travel. I think it might have something to do with a baby being attached to me for a year. When we were pregnant with Alivia we went to D.C., with Mia we went on a Caribbean cruise. This time we were just driving around thinking how great it would be to visit Bens old mission companion, who lives with his family in Worms, Germany. Ben still stays in contact with him, talking to him often on skyp. If only the tickets weren't so expensive, we thought. Well that night, I go to check my e-mail and there it is, very cheap tickets to Frankfurt, Germany! We thought it was meant to be so we got them and started making plans. Actually, it was Ben who was making all the plans. He wanted to see as much as possible in that week, and he wanted to know every thing about the sites we would be seeing. He was going to be my personal tour guide. Not surprising, however, our trip quickly turned into the man tour, as we visited places like, the German military museum, and did tours following Hitlers rise to power. The only shopping I had time for was one little clothes store in Worms. We did see some pretty amazing castles though, and of course the scenery was absolutely gorgeous even though it was winter. While we were their we visited Heidelberg, Frankfurt, Worms, and Munich. You could tell that if we would have come in the spring, the views would be absolutely breathtaking. Here are some of our pics. We stayed with David Biesert, and his wife Sandra and children Mia and Noah. They were the most amazing hosts, seriously thinking of everything. We would walk into our room and find our beds made with chocolate on our pillows! Sandra would cook the yummiest German food too! It was quite the experience.





































Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Germany!
Posted by Shawneen at 6:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Wow!! That is an amazing trip to take! The pictures look breathtaking!! :)
Looks like you guys had a trip of a life time...how wonderful! Congrats on a boy...hooray!
we haven't spoken in forever! a boy and you went to germany and i had no idea! congrats on the boy!!! that is going to be one spoiled child. i am jealous you got to travel, i want to go somewhere so bad! looks like you had fun!
Oh, it reminds me of when we went! I miss it! and how come you don't even look pregnant???!!!
Cute pictures! It looks like so much fun! You guys need to invite us next time you decide to go somewhere exciting!
I am so jealous of your trip! So fun!
Oh my gosh what amazing pictures! That looked like such a fun trip. I don't think I have ever seen pictures like that of Germany. That makes me want to take a trip now...
Congrats on being pregnant and having a boy. They are a little crazy, but lots of fun. I am jealous that you went to Germany. I have a major itch to go somewhere big before I get prego again, which won't be for a while. Anyway it looks like you had lots of fun. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Wow, your pictures were wonderful. Now I wish we would've gone! Next time... love ya, mom
I am SO glad you got to go on this trip. It looks wonderful, the pictures are gorgeous!
And YAY for a boy!
what a fun trip--looks amazing--glad you had a great time!
Oh, the memories that brings! You are so lucky to have gone again!
Post a Comment