Monday, February 09, 2009

We're Having a BOY!!!

I know, I know.. it's hard to believe, considering my families track record, but it was as clear as day on the ultrasound that I had today. I am 16 weeks and 5 days along and have been hesitant to tell anyone until I was sure. We had a little scare at 7 weeks, and had to go to the hospital, only to be told that I was never pregnant, they were going to have me take a pill to cause a miscarraieg of the empty sack. We decided to wait, though, and the next day I saw the docter and they told me I actually was pregnant all along. Anyways, I definatly am. With all the nasea and throwing up, it couldn't all be for nothing, right? I am feeling a lot better now, except for the fact that I cant eat dairy with out feeling sick. Ice cream use to be my favorite food. I was in denial about being lactose intolerant for a long while, I've finally learned my lesson, however, and stay away from it now. So, the sreak of girls is broken. My mom tried 6 times for her boy, Dana has 2 girls and I have 2 girls. Its about time! We just pray that everything continues to go well.

13 comments:

Kailee Higgins said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!! Your family finally gets a boy:) You will love having a boy baby. Gannon has always been my favorite.

Christine said...

I couldn't eat dairy either... I even got used to eating honey bunches of oats dry... no dairy while nursing either... I have always had dairy allergies so no big loss... A BOY! I need to come down and do the "ring test" just to be sure... ya know, to confirm the ultrasound test... Congratulations Shawneen... boys are so much fun, and so are girls... we love them all... you are in my prayers... Love A/C

Kristen said...

Yea, for you!!!! I am so excited for your whole family.

Geoff and Emily said...

That is really exciting! Everyone should be allowed to have at least one of each - they are SO different. I hope everything goes well with the rest of the pregnancy. I am glad you didn't listen to the hospital's advice and waited to see the doctor! Holy Cow!

Allison Claire said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! :)

Heather G. said...

who is more excited - you, your mom, or ben? i bet it's ben....

amwhipple said...

Well it's about freaking time! :) I am so happy for you and Ben! I bet Uncle Jim is thrilled! Keep me posted with how you and little James John are doing. I had a blast seeing you and your fam. I hope to see you all again very soon. P.S I think you should get the skirts for your girls too. :)

Nichole Lowe said...

Congratulations! I am sorry to hear about your scare though. I hope things are looking good now. I was wondering if you were when you were commenting on how you were sick in Young women. I am really excited for you and it is great that you get a boy.

Lara said...

That's so fun!!! Our boys will be so close in age...when we finally get back to AZ my boy will be in Kindergarten, crazy...how fun!

Sharstin said...

that is awesome--I am sure Ben is excited to have another guy in the house :)Congrats you guys!

The Bevans said...

Good work! I knew you you could do it eventually! Tate is the only grandson in my family with 4 girls so far, we feel your pain! :)

Tatiana said...

YAY!!! Finally add a boy to the mix! I'm so excited for you guys!

Andie said...

Okay, Shawneen, going a little over board on the boy thing! :) I of course, won't believe it till I am holding him in my arms. Good thing you will be having another ultrasound, maybe, I will believe it then. Love ya, mom