Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Thanksgiving in Idaho 2009

So I need to get this in before all the Christmas posts go up. We had a full house her at John and Colleens house this Thanksgiving, it was very fun and very loud, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Or we don't know how to have it any other way. Anyways, I was put in charge of the Turkey this year and was very nervous, because I've never done one before, but I found this great recipe for brineing it and preparing it and it turned out just great in my opinion. I also had to make my Granny's famous fruit salad,because with out it it just wouldn't have been Thanksgiving for me. Here are some pics!


keeping the kids out of the kitchen

Have you ever seen a bigger lazy susen?

My boys!

James has started attacking his face. Notice his battle wounds.

Grandpa busy with the camera. I love his camera by the way!

Maxwell was the entertainment between plates of food.

Sam and Chelsea

Katie and John

Colleen and Calob



Aunt Brooke and Baby James



Mia will help anyone finish there food, and since Grandma likes to eat slowly Mia thought she would put her skill to work. Shes just so good at it!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Gran's fruit salad is a must. I spend every evening before Thansgiving making it so it will sit through the night just like Gran did.